By Wayne Perkins
1. You are on your own. Do not wait for someone else to join
you in a weight reduction group. Weight control is an individual
sport. Begin today.
2. Physical Stress builds over the holidays. Get more exercise.
When you go shopping, park your car far away from the stores. Walk
25% faster than you normally do. You need to increase your physical
activity in order to reduce stress
3. Use your Television for stress reduction. Every time commercials
come on your television, use the mute button on your remote and
that practice deep breathing exercises. Use the 17 or 20 minutes
each hour of television to focus on reducing stress and focusing
on your goal weight.
4. Start a new holiday tradition of going hiking, ice skating,
swimming at a pool, joining a gym, or taking an exercise class at
an adult education facility.
5. Avoid any ï¿½pot luckï¿½ dinners. People love to create fatty
and sugary concoctions over the holidays. There are reasons government
health inspectors cite restaurants for unhealthy food preparation
conditions. You have no assurance of the sanitary conditions of
your pot luck contributors. If you did not make the food, consider
6. Avoid all you can eat or buffet serving restaurants. You will
always take more than what you can eat and then feel pressured into
eating everything on your plate.
7. Avoid consuming alcohol as much as possible. People get physically
depressed over the holidays. Consuming alcohol will enhance rather
than reduce the depression. You will also gain more weight as alcoholic
beverages also contain sugar and fat.
8. Drink more water than you think you need. In the winter time
in the Northern Hemisphere, where I live, people do not drink much
water because of the cold winter climate. Your body needs water
to survive. Also, by drinking water you will reduce the cravings
for food. If you are not craving food then you may not feel you
need to eat food.
9. Do not expect your friends and relatives to support you in
your quest for a healthy life. Look around you. Are the people you
hang around with healthy and in shape? If not, do not expect them
to support you in your quest for good health. Go out and get healthy
and then you can be a positive role model and mentor to them. Get
healthy and save a live or two.
10. Take Action Now! Do not wait to lose your weight, tomorrow,
next week or next month. Procrastination involves stress. You can
reduce stress and reduce your weight by taking action now!
Wayne F. Perkins is a Master Hypnotist who teaches thousands
of students worldwide in the art and science of hypnosis. His
motto "My mission in life is to help you achieve your mission