By Gilbert Griffiths
Everyone should strive to be an influential individual. When
you are influential, you have more control over your life, your
finances and how you are treated and your statements hold more weight
with your listeners.
Some people claim that all you have to do is have money and you
will be influential, but that is not true. Yes, people listen to
someone with a lot of money more than they will to someone who only
has a few dollars to their name, but money alone does not make you
Truly influential people have the following characteristics.
1. They have integrity. Their word is their bond. When
they say that they will do something, they always follow through
with it. They don't steal or cheat.
2. They have an optimistic attitude. They always think
a glass is half full and that everything is possible.
3. Excellence is their password. Everything they do is
done to the best of their ability. They never settle for second
best in any aspect of their life or behavior.
4. They are decisive. They know what they want and they
make decisions quickly.
5. They are goal setters. Quick decisions are followed
by setting a goal to ensure that the necessary steps are in place
to reach the desired result.
6. They make a commitment to everything they do. They
commit to work harder at everything they attempt and never give
7. They set priorities. They ensure that an important
thing is handled first and a less important thing is done later.
8. They are very good with relationships. They are loyal
to their friends and family and fair to everyone they encounter.
9. They are full of self confidence. There is no doubt
in them about their capabilities because they know that they can
handle anything life throws at them.
10. They practice good time management. They ensure that
time is not wasted on frivolous things and that important things
get the time that they deserve.
11. They show gratitude for what they have and generosity
to those in need.
12. They are self motivated. They do not need any outside
influence to motivate any of their actions as they have the ability
to provide all the motivation they need to accomplish any task.
If you can master these twelve characteristics you will be amazed
at how influential you become in all facets of your life. Pick one
of these traits and practice it daily until it becomes second nature
to you. When you have mastered it, go on to the next one. Yes, it
will take time to master them all, but think of the future you will
have when you do. The sooner you start, the sooner you will become
the master of your destiny."
Gilbert Griffiths helped thousands of people during a professional
career that spanned more than 39 years. He learned the Ultimate
Lifestyle Secrets of the many successful people he dealt with.